- Founded in 1894 by H.G. Christman in South Bend, Indiana, The Christman Company opened its Lansing, Michigan office in 1915, and was incorporated in the State of Michigan in 1927.
- In 2013, Christman acquired the capital stock of Rentenbach Constructors Incorporated and the two firms merged in a strategic growth initiative to expand their mutual capabilities in the southeast U.S. and beyond, yielding a resulting company with a combined 192 years of experience.
- From the very beginning, our diverse corporate culture of today was built around the values of what we now call The Christman Way, with simple values of including honoring commitments with integrity, teamwork, mutual respect, recognition of excellence, a passion for our work, a competitive spirit and a focus on developing long-term relationships.
- Annual revenues of more than $700 million, with over $3 billion in construction currently underway.
- Fully management-owned, with every project overseen by a corporate officer who is also a shareholder with a vested interest in each client’s complete satisfaction.
- Financial strength to properly staff our projects and meet all commitments.
- Ranked #110 in the 2018 Engineering News-Record ENR 400 list of top contractors nationally, and 63 in the 2018 ENR 100 list of top construction management-at-risk firms.
- Award-winning safety program, with a current average Experience Modification Rating (EMR) of 0.63. We have also been recognized with a first-ever Gold Safety award to a construction management firm by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) organization in our home state of Michigan and Accident Fund Insurance Company of America’s first-ever “Policyholder of the Year” award for an exemplary claims record out of 45,000 policyholders.
- Nationally recognized historic preservation group.
- Office locations throughout the country
- Experience in 38 states
- The industry’s best, most comprehensive pre-construction and planning services, with a “whole building” approach, technologically advanced virtual building, and a wide range of value management tools such as benchmarking and life cycle costing.
- A caliber of work recognized by many local, state and national awards and honors.
Our People: Experts. Leaders. Partners.
- Over 400 experienced full-time professionals, including a full complement of project managers, superintendents, planners, value analysts, LEED Accredited Professionals, estimators, architects, in-house mechanical/electrical coordinators, information specialists, engineers, and accountants.
- Through Christman University, a comprehensive training and development program, our people are given the specialized tools required to deliver the highest level of service.
- A diverse corporate culture built around the values of The Christman Way, including teamwork, mutual respect, recognition of excellence, a passion for our work, a competitive spirit, and a focus on developing long-term relationships.