The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents more than 50,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world.
To advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity, promote physics, and serve the broader physics community, we:
- Provide a welcoming and supportive professional home for an active, engaged, and diverse membership
- Advance scientific discovery and research dissemination
- Advocate for physics and physicists, and amplify the voice for science
- Share the excitement of physics and communicate the essential role physics plays in the modern world
- Promote effective physics education for all
To excel as a leading physics society, we will:
- Be the authoritative advocate for physics
- Publish world-leading journals in physics and related sciences
- Convene vital meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Engage and support the next generation of physicists
- Foster equity and inclusion, and increase diversity in all its dimensions
- Expand public appreciation of physics and its many contributions
The core values that drive our mission are:
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
In order for physics and the physics community to benefit from the greatest talent, and to strengthen APS as an organization, we will provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all those engaged in physics.
Specific actions will include: EMBRACING DIVERSITY, INCLUSION, AND EQUITY at the highest levels of APS leadership; establishing best practices in the hiring and retention of staff, the population and education of committees, and the evaluation and selection of honorees.
Work at APS
We are looking for people to support the advancement and diffusion of the knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity. Join our diverse team of talented professionals who strengthen APS as an organization. We will provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all those engaged in the physical sciences. Core values drive our mission. We welcome all to share in the excitement of physics. APS offers a competitive base salary and an excellent benefits package to include paid time off, health benefits, and a 403(b) Defined Contribution Plan. Please check out our current openings and apply today!