The American Council on Education (ACE) is a membership organization that mobilizes the higher education community to shape effective public policy and foster innovative, high-quality practice. As the major coordinating body for the nation’s colleges and universities, our strength lies in our diverse membership of more than 1,700 colleges and universities, related associations, and other organizations in America and abroad. ACE is the only major higher education association to represent all types of U.S. accredited, degree-granting institutions: two-year and four-year, public and private. Our members educate two out of every three students in all accredited, degree-granting U.S. institutions.
ACE convenes, organizes, mobilizes, and leads advocacy efforts that shape effective public policy and help colleges and universities best serve their students, their communities, and the wider public good. We help institutions build their capacity through high-quality innovation. We work to improve equity, expand access to our colleges and universities, and diversify the higher education leadership pipeline.
A vibrant democratic society that relies on postsecondary education to expand knowledge, equity, and social progress.
ACE is a membership organization that mobilizes the higher education community to shape effective public policy and foster innovative, high-quality practice.
Our Core Values
We will demonstrate our core values in the way we work and serve our members.
- Inclusion: Build a diverse community characterized by mutual respect, collegiality, and professional growth
- Excellence: Deliver timely and consistently high-quality programs and services to our members and the higher education community
- Innovation: Facilitate creative approaches to policy, practice and our work
- Collaboration: Enhance ACE’s efficacy through strategic partnerships and alliances
- Impact: Demonstrate the transformative power of our collective work through clearly defined metrics and outcomes
At the American Council on Education, we demonstrate core values such as collaboration, inclusion, and innovation in the way we work and serve our members.
If you believe that your work should be fulfilling, and your workplace should be collaborative, consider joining our team.